Saturday, January 3, 2009

The Holidays and sweet baby surprises!

They are finally over......believe it or not this is the first year that I'm a little relieved that they are over. No one was in the mood to celebrate this year, especially with Uncle Brian passing away so close to Christmas. Everyone showed up to mass this year and the entire family was together on Christmas Eve. It was special, but quiet. All the little ones helped people smile. My mom dressed up as "Mrs. Clause" and brought presents from Santa for all the little ones. I have pictures that I will post later. {sorry I don't have my camera with me}

Havie, my little sister in N.Z. called on Christmas eve and gave me the best news ever! She is officially engaged. SOO EXCITING! Words can not express how happy I am for her. There is something so special about being proposed to around Christmas....I'm so glad she got to experience it. It's hard to believe "my little girl" is all grown up and getting married.

My nephew Kai Lucas was born on New Year's Eve! Poor Sarah, she has had such a rough time of it the past month. She has had contractions on and off and been in the hospital I don't know how many times because of this little one! Well, he finally decided to grace us with his presence at 11:58am on new years eve. Of course he decided to come on a day that theres a winter storm warning and it took me FOREVER to get to the hospital. I had to park on the roof, practically in a snow bank! At that point I really didn't care. I don't think I have ever ran so fast in my life. I bolted down the stairs { I wasn't about to waste time waiting for the elevator} and my brother in law calls me to tell me that contractions are 30 seconds apart and to get my butt there ASAP because she needed me. They had just moved her out of triage and into a room when I walked in and she yells at me " It's about time" and I grabbed her hand and told her to push and Kai was born. My sister is officially my hero. No pain meds no nothing. Her Dr. didn't even have time to come! The baby is beautiful { I will post pictures of him later}. I couldn't have asked for a better way to end the year of 2008...........

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

jenn said...

Wow. That tops my New Year's Eve. Haha.

Happy New Year.