Thursday, September 18, 2008

An amazing way to start your day......

I don't know about any of you, but at 5:30am I'm pretty much a zombie. I was doing my usual thing this morning getting ready and staring at my closet trying to decide what I was going to wear for the day, when I noticed that it was quiet....to quiet. I don't know how he does it, but even at 5:30am J.D. has energy and I can usually hear him playing or talking to the kitten or singing the veggie tales song. But this morning, I couldn't hear him.......

I got that gut feeling.....mom's you know what I'm talking about! That feeling that something isn't right and I need to go check it right this moment or the house might burn down! I'm sure you all have gotten it at one point or another. Anyway.....I came out of my room and looked in the living room and dining room and kitchen....all were empty. I then noticed that bathroom door is shut. Uhh-ooh.....I slowly open the door and there is J.D. standing on top of the toilet seat on his tippy-toes leaning into the sink....playing with two toothbrushes! I then realized my white sink had a black fuzzy thing in it playing in the water{ I have no clue how the water got turned on}.....which ended up being my kitten! Apparently I have two kids now! I couldn't help but laugh as I looked at JD soaked from head to toe and see the toilet seat open....and water was splashed everywhere {I'm thinking that he was playing in the toilet with the toothbrushes...ewww} Thankfully I had a spare toothbrush in the closet so I was able to laugh about it! My little one never ceases to amaze me. He's learning to shut the doors now when he's doing something he shouldn't be.....this could be trouble!

Side note......my boss apologised and the employee I originally suspended will be suspended again tomorrow, this time for good. *phew*

J.D. had to have a chest x-ray today. remember that horrible fever he had last weekend? Well, it went into a virus that he hasn't been able to kick....turns out he has pneumonia. Viral.....thankfully it's not bacterial other wise we would be in the hospital right now. I told J.D. no more playing in puddles or out in the rain...even if it is 80 outside because this is how it all started. Lesson learned! Trying to keep this blog light....but mom's let me tell you if you've never had to get one done on your kid before be thankful. It was awful. MOVING ON......

I finally got the net! OMG...it's taken me forever, but I got my computer back and OMG I actually have cable to. Amazing. Thank you Heritage for the raise that is now paying for it. Digital Camera is next on the list! I'm getting over being bitter about losing it in Florida. It's time for a new one!

Kate is in town.....we are having a Finney Chicks reunion tonight. Should prove to be interesting. 2 of us have kids now.....WIERD. I will let you all know how it goes.

3 comments:

jenn said...

That's so funny about the kitten and J.D. and the water. (At least the kitten wasn't in the toilet... this time.)

I feel your pain on the x-ray thing. Shiloh had pneumonia last winter. She had the x-rays and bloodwork. Not fun! Isn't it crazy how quickly a cold can turn to pneumonia? I didn't even think she was that sick. Hope he feels better soon.

Unknown said...

WHAT A BOY! Wow, although if Oceana had been there she'd have been squirting soap onto the kitten to "keen it!" Good grief. Glad it wasn't anything worse!

Asha said...

Remind me to keep Damien out of the bathroom haha