Sunday, September 14, 2008

WWE in my living room.....

That's right, you read the title correctly! I discovered that my 19th month old knows how to wrestle. Not just the normal baby wrestling, he actually pinned a 6"4 over 200lb 25 year old to the ground. Normally I would say this is impossible, SOEMBODY I have no clue who, has taught him the 2 spots to go for. The nuts and the head.....no joke. He pounced on him, got Nate to roll over and then dove onto his head, causing Nate's head/nose to smash into the ground and then J.D. sat on top of his head....and thus J.D. pinned Nate to the ground

It was hysterical......... Nate was in pain and for once could not torture any of us. Haha, I love karma. What goes around comes around! Nate, is the big brother you either love to pieces one day or can't stand the next day because he teases you relentlessly and just doesn't go away. Unfortunately he's not my big brother.....but he may as well be. Him and J.D. have a pretty special relationship. Nate been talking to J.D. since I found out I was pregnant. Everyday, Nate would poke and prod my stomach and talk to J.D. and tell him all the things he was going to do to "torture" and "tease" him when he came out. Those are amazing memories. An even greater thing, is to see them playing together and wrestling on the floor and J.D. finally putting Nate in his place!

This weekend has been busy! I worked 8-4 on Saturday....I lost count of how many hours I worked this week once it past 60. Then I ate dinner with the "fam" {MM, GG, Nate and Beth the family that took care of JD while I was in NZ. We used to live with them} Spent time with J.D. got him ready for bed, then headed out for a girls night! Laura was working so we went to the cheesecake factory and sat in her section for over 2 1/2 hours just chit chatting. It was so nice to just sit back and relax and laugh! Laughs are far and few between these days, especially this week. We went out dancing and met up with an old friend for her bachelorette party. They were playing 80's music for a good part of the night. I was so out of my element and dancing....if you want to call me bobbing my head and doing a shimmy every now and then dancing! It was a lot of fun. Got home around 3am got up at 8am was going to attempt to go to church, but as I was getting JD ready he was running away from me doing the chasing game, tripped on a toy and fell right into an island counter in the kitchen. He now had a bruise line starting from his for head down to his chin and a black eye with a huge goose egg on his eyebrow. I started crying with him....I felt so bad. I can only imagine how much that hurt. But he is a trooper and it hasn't seem to phase him that much.

I then received a phone call from work asking me if I was coming to one of the individuals party. I stated that I was thinking about it and the girl told me to dress up because it was "diamond theme" and everyone was wearing old prom dresses. GREAT! It was 11:30am when I got that phone call and the party started at 2:30. Thankfully, my dress that I wore in Katie's wedding was here at the house and I ran upstairs hoping that it fit. I was 4 months pregnant when she got married. I put it on......and it completely fell off of me. I have no more boobs to support it. It was so depressing. It pretty much fit everywhere else, but there and it's strapless. After an hour of playing with it and damning whoever it was that planned a party on a Sunday therefor making me go on my day off {I'm the residence manager....it's pretty much a given I have to be at every big function} MM came to the rescue with double sided tape. That's right girls.....I taped the dress up. After trying to manipulate the dress instead of being defeated I just started laughing because of how ridiculous this all was. Long story short, the dress stayed up through the party! I had one scare where the tape just fell off in the front and I could feel it making its way down the inside of my dress but I was able to sneak away and fix it before anything disastrous happened.

It's been a great weekend. I'm exhausted....but it was well worth it. J.D. and I are off for a walk by the lake to watch the sunset!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

AHahahah! First off - oh dear, your boy's a boy! And second - you taped up your dress! Hehehe. Now I've heard everything. I went to school with a girl who had to duct tape her boob DOWN to fit in a dress. No joke, she put toilet paper over her nipples (for protection) and then "roped 'em down" to fit in a low cut tank dress (similar to Sense and Sensibility). It was great! But I've heard of double-stick tape before. Yay Marty! It was that or some socks down your bra! Haha. I told someone yesterday that if Lori doesn't fit in her wedding gown I'm shoving toilet paper in it until it stays up! (She shrunk a size and a half since December when she had the dress altered!)